Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Week 6:13 Del.icio.us

I viewed the del.icio.us tutorial as suggested but found related tutorials on YouTube that I liked better.  I then spent a couple of hours using del.icio.us, establishing my account and going through 35 screens (out of 95 screens) on SJLibaryLearning 2.0.  I also searched using tags....I ended up with 20 items in my personal account utilizing 24 tags.  All dealt with professional topics: library 2.0, web 2.0, books, reading, research, professional opinions, tutorials and webinars.  I look forward to examining the sites I saved at a future time.  Delicio.us is something that I had heard about but had not taken the time to set up and use.  It is truly very easy and is a wonderful way to organize bookmarks and make them accessible.

I've taken spring semester off school but I recall that our building technology person was setting up a teacher del.icio.us account to add helpful websites for the staff.  Certainly this has applications also with setting up an account for student research sites.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love del.icio.us because I like being able to tag a URL simultaneously with different topics and also possibly tagging it for particular people I think would find it useful. We have set up a del.icio.us account for our district libraries fnsbsdlib and I regularly dump websites there for district libraries to access if they are looking for a topic ie. ancient egypt. I know the del.iciou.us accounts of a couple of the Instructional Tech teachers and will forward them sites and they do the same for me. So much easier than sending emails or worse yet remembering to tell then when I next see them!!