Monday, July 7, 2008

Week 4:9 Library Blogs

Least liked tools:  Technorati.com and Syndic8.com.  Easiest search tools: Blogdigger and Google blog search.  Topix.net was a news screen that had Fairbanks featured which was intersting.   While I did add librariansmatter.com/blog to my Google Reader account, there is so much out there it is overwhelming.  Also, you can get a lot of personal and/or not useful hits which further adds to the problem of having time to truly sort through everything.

In Technorati.com, I searched for "school librarians" and except for the top three posts, I got hits on a lot of weird stuff:  solar power, NAZI message, various text gibberish that had "librarian" somewhere in the posting. 

I had typed in "retired school librarians" to see what I'd get....and I got several funeral orations ...not what I had in mind.

2 comments:

Soccer Mom (Kristen A) said...

I agree with you about bloglines and google being easy to navigate. These were basic sites and easy to search. I also got weird hits that didn't give me the information I was looking for.

Katie said...

Janet M. on her PolarBear musings blog in our Raven About Web 2.0 blogroll found a wiki that lists a lot of high school library blogs. http://www.blogwithoutalibrary.net/links/index.php?title=School_libraries

See her blog for her favorites and why she liked them.