Saturday, July 19, 2008

Week 9:23 Evaluation

Wow.  Dunzo (I think).  This was a great introduction to the web 2.0 tools.  Thank you Katie and Ann for getting the class in place and mentoring us !!!!!  I'd like to look again at some of the lessons and I have a list of web sites noted from the lessons and the text that I'd like to explore.  I loved the text and have read several chapters.  My head is overly full at the moment.

*  I would suggest that future students  be encouraged to "buddy-up;"  I think all of us had a least one lesson (or two) that was a struggle.  Having a specific partner to work things out with would help.   Another suggestion would be to put a voluntary meeting in place where people could come and go over sticky points or "show off" something they have discovered.  Reading blog posts often show the results but not how a person got to the results.  Perhaps an online chat would be useful.

*  Can the blog list of participants be alphabetized?  Also, could the first assignment to set up a blog include filing out the "description" and "profile?"  It would help us get to know each other better.

Thanks again.  I'm still hoping to create a school library wiki that incorporates some of these tools.  

1 comment:

Katie said...

Thanks so much for your suggestions. I think you have several great ones I hope we can integrate into the next go round. We appreciate your being willing to test drive this class with us. I know my head is overly full too!