Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Week 8:18 Online Applications

I created my Zoho Writer account and, oddly enough, my standard and alternate user names were taken.  Another user name/password to keep track of..I need to open a spreadsheet document and start keeping a list.

I began creating  a FAQ document for my future school library wiki page.    Unfortunately, it saved as an untitled document first and I tried saving it multiple times as "FAQ" without success.  Then I tried deleting the untitled document so I could rewrite and save it as a named document but it wouldn't delete.   Once I fix this, I'll post it to my blog so that others can add questions that would address student needs.  At 57 and as a life-long library user, it is hard to think how a newbie school library user (and a teenager) would think.

I also signed up for a "30 boxes" calendar account but my email confirmation hasn't arrived...and it has been over an hour so I fear something is amiss there.  {{{sigh}}}  I would like to create an online calendar for the library in terms of classes booked and in terms of perhaps mini- after school demonstrations of some of the web 2.0 tools.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I think many of these "social" tools are evolving as we speak and improvements are being made continually. While it is frustrating to run into glitches I think it could also be rewarding to explain one's problem on the products help blog and have someone actually fix it! How neat is it that programmers are working hand in hand with the users of many of these tools.

I know many of us don't have the luxury of time during the school year to work out problems. That's why this summer class was developed.